Nathan Hale students back in class after natural gas odor detected
November 2, 2012 (CRESTWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Students in three Crestwood schools returned to class Friday morning after they were forced to evacuate the buildings when the smell of natural gas was detected.
Students at Nathan Hale Elementary, Nathan Hale Intermediate and Nathan Hale Primary schools were taken to a nearby rec center while firefighters checked things out.
The all clear was sounded and the students returned to their schools.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing 33 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 49 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77