Metra names Orland Park Village trustee as new chairman
November 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Orland Park Village trustee Brad O'Halloran was named new Metra Chairman on Friday.
O'Halloran takes over from acting chairman Larry Huggins. An effort to give him the job permanently failed and that's when the board voted for O'Halloran.
He says the biggest challenge facing any transit agency is finding the money for capital projects such as bridges and track work.
O'Halloran was asked about the possibility of a fare increase.
"We can't kick the can down the road and then in five years come to the public and say hey we need this whopper," he said. "I think people would rather have small increases that reflect the costs and make sure that Metra is stewarding their money appropriately."
Metra implemented its largest fare increase ever this past February.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle 3 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted 2 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 5 min ago
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77
6 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
3 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten,...
2 min ago