Metra names Orland Park Village trustee as new chairman
November 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Orland Park Village trustee Brad O'Halloran was named new Metra Chairman on Friday.
O'Halloran takes over from acting chairman Larry Huggins. An effort to give him the job permanently failed and that's when the board voted for O'Halloran.
He says the biggest challenge facing any transit agency is finding the money for capital projects such as bridges and track work.
O'Halloran was asked about the possibility of a fare increase.
"We can't kick the can down the road and then in five years come to the public and say hey we need this whopper," he said. "I think people would rather have small increases that reflect the costs and make sure that Metra is stewarding their money appropriately."
Metra implemented its largest fare increase ever this past February.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack 31 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night 34 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 19 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos