Metra names Orland Park Village trustee as new chairman
November 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Orland Park Village trustee Brad O'Halloran was named new Metra Chairman on Friday.
O'Halloran takes over from acting chairman Larry Huggins. An effort to give him the job permanently failed and that's when the board voted for O'Halloran.
He says the biggest challenge facing any transit agency is finding the money for capital projects such as bridges and track work.
O'Halloran was asked about the possibility of a fare increase.
"We can't kick the can down the road and then in five years come to the public and say hey we need this whopper," he said. "I think people would rather have small increases that reflect the costs and make sure that Metra is stewarding their money appropriately."
Metra implemented its largest fare increase ever this past February.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 1 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos