Community garden planted by elementary school students
November 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Students at Linne Elementary School on the city's Northwest Side spent Friday planting a community garden.
The effort was part of a program where Chicago Public Schools works with the non-profit group Kitchen Community.
Throughout the year, the students have been learning about sustainable foods and healthy eating.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 12 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- SB Lake Shore Drive reopens after standoff
14 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in...
39 min ago
- LSD standoff suspect wanted in wife's murder
53 min ago