Ruling expected Monday on Baker murder trial
November 2, 2012 (DEERFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A judge says he will rule Monday in the murder trial of Daniel Baker, the Deerfield man accused of beating his girlfriend's mother to death with an aluminum bat.
Marina Aksman was killed in her Vernon Hills home April 1, 2010.
The defense argued Friday that Baker did not understand the nature of what he did.
Prosecutors say the fact that he took off for Montana after the murder shows he was rational.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year