Coroner: Alcohol suspected in death of NIU student David Bogenberger
November 2, 2012 (DeKALB, Ill.) (WLS) -- Alcohol may have played a part in the death of a student at Northern Illinois University.
Police officers were called to the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house Friday morning. They found 19-year-old David Bogenberger unresponsive in bed. He was pronounced dead a half hour later.
The DeKalb County coroner says there is evidence alcohol was consumed at the fraternity house before the death.
An autopsy will be performed Saturday.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 27 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice 13 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 33 min ago
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton 14 min ago
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- 7 in 77