Wake held for Naperville boy allegedly killed by mom
November 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Family and friends are gathering to remember a young boy killed in a Naperville home last week.
Justin Plackowski, 7, was allegedly stabbed to death by his mother, Elzbieta Plackowska.
A steady stream of mourners arrived at St. Elizabeth Seton Church for the child's wake Monday evening. Many of them will return Tuesday for his funeral.
Plackowska has been charged with first-degree murder. Investigators say it was Tuesday when the woman stabbed and slashed her son and 5-year-old Olivia Dworakowski, a friend's daughter she was babysitting.
Plackowska later told police she was angry her husband, a trucker, was spending too much time working and didn't appreciate her efforts as a wife and mother. She said she killed Olivia because the little girl witnessed Justin's murder.
local, evelyn holmes
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 22 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos