Wake held for Naperville boy allegedly killed by mom
November 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Family and friends are gathering to remember a young boy killed in a Naperville home last week.
Justin Plackowski, 7, was allegedly stabbed to death by his mother, Elzbieta Plackowska.
A steady stream of mourners arrived at St. Elizabeth Seton Church for the child's wake Monday evening. Many of them will return Tuesday for his funeral.
Plackowska has been charged with first-degree murder. Investigators say it was Tuesday when the woman stabbed and slashed her son and 5-year-old Olivia Dworakowski, a friend's daughter she was babysitting.
Plackowska later told police she was angry her husband, a trucker, was spending too much time working and didn't appreciate her efforts as a wife and mother. She said she killed Olivia because the little girl witnessed Justin's murder.
local, evelyn holmes
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation