Wake held for Naperville boy allegedly killed by mom
November 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Family and friends are gathering to remember a young boy killed in a Naperville home last week.
Justin Plackowski, 7, was allegedly stabbed to death by his mother, Elzbieta Plackowska.
A steady stream of mourners arrived at St. Elizabeth Seton Church for the child's wake Monday evening. Many of them will return Tuesday for his funeral.
Plackowska has been charged with first-degree murder. Investigators say it was Tuesday when the woman stabbed and slashed her son and 5-year-old Olivia Dworakowski, a friend's daughter she was babysitting.
Plackowska later told police she was angry her husband, a trucker, was spending too much time working and didn't appreciate her efforts as a wife and mother. She said she killed Olivia because the little girl witnessed Justin's murder.
local, evelyn holmes
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout