Family of girl killed in Naperville: 'We are deeply saddened'
November 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of a young girl killed in Naperville last week released a statement to the news media Tuesday.
" "We are deeply saddened and shocked by the shortened life of our sweet little girl, Olivia. It is impossible for us to express in words the sadness we feel over this senseless killing," the statement from Olivia Dworakowski's family read in part.
The 5-year-old girl's mother was friend of Elzbieta Plackowska, the mother accused of murdering Dworakowski along with her own son, Justin Plackowski, 7.
A funeral for Justin was held Tuesday. Family members say a memorial service for Olivia also has been planned.
Full Statement from Olivia Dworakowski's family:
"We are deeply saddened and shocked by the shortened life of our sweet little girl, Olivia. It is impossible for us to express in words the sadness we feel over this senseless killing. We can, however, express our gratitude for the support from our community, our church, Olivia's school and others.
We also wish to extend our condolences and sympathy to the family of Olivia's friend, Justin Plackowska.
The love, condolences and prayers we have received from family and friends have helped to comfort us during this difficult and terrible time. Too, the kind words we have heard both directly and through the news media about how Olivia was a source of happiness for her friends and classmates have made us proud.
Olivia was a loving, playful and happy daughter. She brought great joy to our lives and to the lives of her friends and family. She was caring and charitable and filled with all of the incredible potential of a five year old. Although her life was taken too soon, we are consoled by our belief that the gates of heaven have opened up and received one of God's precious children.
"We thank the members of the Naperville Police Department for their hard work investigating this terrible tragedy and for their ongoing support. We have every confidence and trust in them and in the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office and the DuPage County judicial system. At this time, we ask for privacy to grieve for the loss of Olivia.
A private memorial service for Olivia has been arranged. Those wishing to honor Olivia's memory may make a donation to the Olivia Dworakowski Memorial Fund by stopping by at any Naperville Bank & Trust location or mailing a donation to:
Naperville Bank & Trust
Olivia Dworakowski Memorial Fund
P.O. Box 294, Naperville, IL 60566.
For details, call (630) 369-3555. Thank you."
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 35 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 33 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 11, 2014
29 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
33 min ago
- Coast Guard cutter Mobile Bay goes to work...
22 min ago