Broad-daylight sex assault reported in Hyde Park
November 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 14-year-old girl reported a sex assault in the South Side Hyde Park neighborhood late Tuesday morning.
The victim was attacked as she walked her dog around 10:45 a.m., police say.
The attacker walked up behind the victim and forced her between two garages near 52nd Street and Berkeley Avenue.
The attacker is described as 35-40 years old, 6'2"-6'4", medium to slim build with short black hair, brown eyes, no facial hair, dark complexion, and wearing a black jacket with yellow stripes on the arms from the shoulder down, blue jeans and black Nikes.
The attack happened just two blocks from President Barack Obama's home.
- Dad says body in lake likely missing UofC student 24 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 28 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 32 min ago
- Special session expected to form pension committee 58 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease 49 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
32 min ago
- Dad says body in lake likely missing UofC...
24 min ago
- Special session expected to form pension...
58 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos