Broad-daylight sex assault reported in Hyde Park
November 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 14-year-old girl reported a sex assault in the South Side Hyde Park neighborhood late Tuesday morning.
The victim was attacked as she walked her dog around 10:45 a.m., police say.
The attacker walked up behind the victim and forced her between two garages near 52nd Street and Berkeley Avenue.
The attacker is described as 35-40 years old, 6'2"-6'4", medium to slim build with short black hair, brown eyes, no facial hair, dark complexion, and wearing a black jacket with yellow stripes on the arms from the shoulder down, blue jeans and black Nikes.
The attack happened just two blocks from President Barack Obama's home.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping