Jury deliberates in Anthony Abbate bartender beating civil trial
November 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The jury wrapped up its first day of deliberations without reaching a verdict in the civil trial of a former Chicago police officer caught on videotape beating a bartender.
Karolina Obrycka is suing Anthony Abbate and the City of Chicago. She claims other police officers tried to cover up the 2007 attack.
Abbate was found guilty on criminal charges and sentenced to probation after the video of the beating was released publically.
Deliberations will resume next Tuesday.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 18 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 4 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows 21 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- 1985 Chicago Bears Book
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport