Jury deliberates in Anthony Abbate bartender beating civil trial
November 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The jury wrapped up its first day of deliberations without reaching a verdict in the civil trial of a former Chicago police officer caught on videotape beating a bartender.
Karolina Obrycka is suing Anthony Abbate and the City of Chicago. She claims other police officers tried to cover up the 2007 attack.
Abbate was found guilty on criminal charges and sentenced to probation after the video of the beating was released publically.
Deliberations will resume next Tuesday.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old