Christmas tree trade-in helps local families
November 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Treetime Christmas Creations in Lake Barrington is holding its annual tree trade-in program.
The store hopes to give about 400 gently-used artificial Christmas trees to needy families through the Salvation Army. People who participate can get a discount on a new tree or decorations.
People who want a new tree can donate their old ones at the store, or by calling the Salvation Army for a pickup at 1-800-SATRUCK.
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Lakeview runners strip down for 'Santa Speedo Run'
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area