Geneva teachers could strike Friday
November 8, 2012 (GENEVA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Geneva School Distict 304 says it's ready for a teachers strike expected Friday morning.
Chopper 7 HD flew over Geneva High School Thursday night as students practiced on the football field.
By law, teachers can go on strike as early as Friday. Talks did take place Thursday, but it's not clear if the two sides are still negotiating.
The district plans to keep school open as a safe haven for student if there is a strike.
For more information, visit https://www.geneva304.org.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 1 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River mouth 28 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party