Video shows tearful Obama thanking supporters
November 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A new video shows a tearful President Obama thanking supporters in Chicago after he was re-elected.
In the video, released by the Obama campaign on its YouTube channel, the president tells his young volunteers during a surprise visit that they lifted him up every step of the way and during the most challenging times they were his source of hope, inspiration and strength.
"What you guys have done means that that the work that I'm doing is important and I'm really proud of that. I'm really proud of you," said Obama.
He called his supporters remarkable and told them whatever happens in the next four years will pale in comparison to what they will accomplish in years to come.
The president said that his volunteers reminded him of himself when he moved to Chicago at the age of 25 and he wanted to make a difference, especially helping educate children and reducing poverty.
local, cheryl burton
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 20 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 19 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California 46 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 48 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All