Missing man's body found in South Barrington pond
November 9, 2012 (SOUTH BARRINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Divers pulled the body of Vance Nwankwo, 25, from a pond near his South Barrington home Friday.
Nwankwo went missing on October 30 after leaving a Schaumburg nightclub. A cab driver reportedly brought him home from a Halloween party. Detectives say the man's boot was found near his home's mailbox.
Nwankwo was reported missing by his mother November 1.
Investigators say there is no indication any foul play was involved.
Family members say Nwankwo had a mild form of autism.
"There's a lot of individuals that care for and were close to my brother. And so to all those people, it's heartwarming to see the amount of love and respect that he garnered from the community," said Victor Nwankwo, brother.
"It's hard to lose him because he was, especially now that the holidays are coming, he was the one that always remembered everyone's birthday and remembered everyone's special occasion," said Evelyn Nwankwo, sister.
Fire department teams used side-scan sonar to search the pond behind the home Nwankwo shares with his mother. Nwankwo's father died several years ago.
Police continue to investigate and are awaiting autopsy results.
local, evelyn holmes
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts 36 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Evanston HS forfeits state baseball game amid reports of... 7 min ago
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington 48 min ago
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos