Missing man's body found in South Barrington pond
November 9, 2012 (SOUTH BARRINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Divers pulled the body of Vance Nwankwo, 25, from a pond near his South Barrington home Friday.
Nwankwo went missing on October 30 after leaving a Schaumburg nightclub. A cab driver reportedly brought him home from a Halloween party. Detectives say the man's boot was found near his home's mailbox.
Nwankwo was reported missing by his mother November 1.
Investigators say there is no indication any foul play was involved.
Family members say Nwankwo had a mild form of autism.
"There's a lot of individuals that care for and were close to my brother. And so to all those people, it's heartwarming to see the amount of love and respect that he garnered from the community," said Victor Nwankwo, brother.
"It's hard to lose him because he was, especially now that the holidays are coming, he was the one that always remembered everyone's birthday and remembered everyone's special occasion," said Evelyn Nwankwo, sister.
Fire department teams used side-scan sonar to search the pond behind the home Nwankwo shares with his mother. Nwankwo's father died several years ago.
Police continue to investigate and are awaiting autopsy results.
local, evelyn holmes
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 32 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says 55 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos