Missing man's body found in South Barrington pond
November 9, 2012 (SOUTH BARRINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Divers pulled the body of Vance Nwankwo, 25, from a pond near his South Barrington home Friday.
Nwankwo went missing on October 30 after leaving a Schaumburg nightclub. A cab driver reportedly brought him home from a Halloween party. Detectives say the man's boot was found near his home's mailbox.
Nwankwo was reported missing by his mother November 1.
Investigators say there is no indication any foul play was involved.
Family members say Nwankwo had a mild form of autism.
"There's a lot of individuals that care for and were close to my brother. And so to all those people, it's heartwarming to see the amount of love and respect that he garnered from the community," said Victor Nwankwo, brother.
"It's hard to lose him because he was, especially now that the holidays are coming, he was the one that always remembered everyone's birthday and remembered everyone's special occasion," said Evelyn Nwankwo, sister.
Fire department teams used side-scan sonar to search the pond behind the home Nwankwo shares with his mother. Nwankwo's father died several years ago.
Police continue to investigate and are awaiting autopsy results.
local, evelyn holmes
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 15 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 2 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 30 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 9 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 36 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits