Quinn unveils Illinois veterans exhibit
November 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn celebrated Veterans Day Sunday by unveiling the Portrait of a Soldier exhibit at Navy Pier.
The travelling exhibit features nearly 300 hand-drawn portraits of each Illinois service member killed in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001.
It will be on display at Navy Pier through Tuesday, November 13. The exhibit can also be seen at Prairie Trails Library at 8449 Moody Avenue in Burbank, Ill., through November 13 and at Pittsfield High School in Pittsfield, Ill., through November 14.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 18 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
18 min ago