Quinn unveils Illinois veterans exhibit
November 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn celebrated Veterans Day Sunday by unveiling the Portrait of a Soldier exhibit at Navy Pier.
The travelling exhibit features nearly 300 hand-drawn portraits of each Illinois service member killed in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001.
It will be on display at Navy Pier through Tuesday, November 13. The exhibit can also be seen at Prairie Trails Library at 8449 Moody Avenue in Burbank, Ill., through November 13 and at Pittsfield High School in Pittsfield, Ill., through November 14.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 41 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 47 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 57 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
41 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
47 min ago