2 injured vets honored outside Soldier Field
November 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Outside Soldier Field Sunday, there was a special presentation to two severely injured American veterans.
Both Army Ranger Sergeant Tory Honda and Army Specialist Frank Pierson lost legs to improvised explosive devices.
Honda is a single amputee who lost his leg in Afghanistan. Pierson lost both legs in Iraq.
The Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois and Local 2 of the Chicago Fire Fighters Union raised money and presented both men with brand new vehicles in honor of their service.
"We fight for our country and it just makes us very proud to do that and to see everybody come out and honor that fact," Sgt. Honda said.
"It's a fantastic feeling that people have come out," said Specialist Pierson. "They share their support no matter what branch no matter what service."
The fire fighters raised much of the money to buy the vehicles through sales of tee shirts.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 56 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 57 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing 37 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 21 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 18 min ago
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 25 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 20 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
50 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
56 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
57 min ago