100-year-old teacher dies after 77-year career
November 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Olivia Neubauer, the 100-year-old South Side teacher who was still working earlier this year, has passed away.
Neubauer taught reading at Ashburn Lutheran School on West 83rd Street. She began her career as an educator at Pullman Tech High School way back in 1935, 77 years ago.
She passed away Sunday morning after being hospitalized on Wednesday with fluid in her lungs.
Her family says funeral and visitation arrangements are being finalized.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer 21 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...