100-year-old teacher dies after 77-year career
November 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Olivia Neubauer, the 100-year-old South Side teacher who was still working earlier this year, has passed away.
Neubauer taught reading at Ashburn Lutheran School on West 83rd Street. She began her career as an educator at Pullman Tech High School way back in 1935, 77 years ago.
She passed away Sunday morning after being hospitalized on Wednesday with fluid in her lungs.
Her family says funeral and visitation arrangements are being finalized.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney