Jeffery Jump offers express bus service to downtown area
November 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Transit Authority's first bus rapid transit line began operating Monday on the city's South Side.
The J14 "Jeffery Jump" replaces the number 14 Jeffery Express bus, and it's expected to move commuters between the South Side and downtown faster.
The Jeffery Jump will operate in some newly marked bus only lanes along Jeffery Boulevard between 67th and 83rd streets, and stops will be spaced a half mile apart instead of every block.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 34 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 29 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra delays after man hit by train on NW Side
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 8 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 7 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 55 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
34 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
29 min ago