New rail cars roll out on CTA Red Line
November 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- CTA Red Line riders are getting their first look at the new 5000-series rail cars.
Two new eight-car trains were added to the Red Line fleet Monday.
The 5000-series cars feature aisle-facing seats and state-of-the-art technology that should create a smoother ride for passengers.
The cars have already debuted on the Pink and Green lines.
The CTA will eventually receive more than 700 of the cars at a cost of just over $1 billion.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 43 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 29 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 28 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California 55 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 57 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All