New rail cars roll out on CTA Red Line
November 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- CTA Red Line riders are getting their first look at the new 5000-series rail cars.
Two new eight-car trains were added to the Red Line fleet Monday.
The 5000-series cars feature aisle-facing seats and state-of-the-art technology that should create a smoother ride for passengers.
The cars have already debuted on the Pink and Green lines.
The CTA will eventually receive more than 700 of the cars at a cost of just over $1 billion.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in 8 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos