Chicago firefighter Michael Boyd, 49, dies of cancer
November 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago firefighter has lost his battle with cancer.
Michael Boyd passed away over the weekend at his home in the Wrigleyville neighborhood.
The 49-year-old firefighter was a 17-year veteran of the department. He was known to his family and friends as Mr. Fix-it because he would repair anything.
Boyd had been on medical leave for about a year while dealing with the cancer.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers 2 min ago
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals 16 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos