Cardinal George welcomed at US bishops meeting
November 12, 2012 (BALTIMORE) (WLS) -- A major gathering of Roman Catholic leaders is under way in Baltimore, and Francis Cardinal George got an especially warm welcome.
"Cardinal George, how happy we are to see you here, thanks be to God, that's an indication," said Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan, President, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Cardinal George appeared fit on the first day of the General Assembly of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The cardinal began receiving chemotherapy in September after doctors found cancerous cells in his kidney and liver.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand