Cardinal George welcomed at US bishops meeting
November 12, 2012 (BALTIMORE) (WLS) -- A major gathering of Roman Catholic leaders is under way in Baltimore, and Francis Cardinal George got an especially warm welcome.
"Cardinal George, how happy we are to see you here, thanks be to God, that's an indication," said Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan, President, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Cardinal George appeared fit on the first day of the General Assembly of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The cardinal began receiving chemotherapy in September after doctors found cancerous cells in his kidney and liver.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car... 10 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 30 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway 47 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Nelson Mandela memorial draws Obama to South Africa
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
- ABC7 To Go, December 9, 2013
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos