Cardinal George welcomed at US bishops meeting
November 12, 2012 (BALTIMORE) (WLS) -- A major gathering of Roman Catholic leaders is under way in Baltimore, and Francis Cardinal George got an especially warm welcome.
"Cardinal George, how happy we are to see you here, thanks be to God, that's an indication," said Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan, President, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Cardinal George appeared fit on the first day of the General Assembly of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The cardinal began receiving chemotherapy in September after doctors found cancerous cells in his kidney and liver.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push 39 min ago
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy 53 min ago
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...