West Rogers Park hit-and-run kills 1, hurts another
November 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for the driver in a hit-and-run accident that killed one man and injured another on the Far North Side.
The two men -- both 46 years old -- were crossing the street at Devon and Maplewood at approximately 6 p.m. when they were hit by a car. One man suffered a head injury and died at the hospital. The other man suffered a broken leg.
The deceased victim has been identified as Tsering Dorjee, an employee of the Cook County Clerk's Office.
The other victim was Dapka Jorden, Dorjee's brother-in-law. Jorden told ABC7 from his hospital bed Tuesday that Dorjee's children will be taken care of.
"The main thing is children need their fathers and mothers," Jorden said. "Not uncle, uncle is second choice."
"Tsering Dorjee was a much-loved member of my Vital Records staff since 1998. Tsering was an incredibly kind soul and dedicated public servant. News of his death this morning brought his coworkers to tears. Our deepest condolences go to his wife, children and family. He will be dearly missed," Clerk David Orr wrote in a statement.
Anyone with information is asked to call Chicago police.
local, theresa gutierrez
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 20 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos