West Rogers Park hit-and-run kills 1, hurts another
November 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for the driver in a hit-and-run accident that killed one man and injured another on the Far North Side.
The two men -- both 46 years old -- were crossing the street at Devon and Maplewood at approximately 6 p.m. when they were hit by a car. One man suffered a head injury and died at the hospital. The other man suffered a broken leg.
The deceased victim has been identified as Tsering Dorjee, an employee of the Cook County Clerk's Office.
The other victim was Dapka Jorden, Dorjee's brother-in-law. Jorden told ABC7 from his hospital bed Tuesday that Dorjee's children will be taken care of.
"The main thing is children need their fathers and mothers," Jorden said. "Not uncle, uncle is second choice."
"Tsering Dorjee was a much-loved member of my Vital Records staff since 1998. Tsering was an incredibly kind soul and dedicated public servant. News of his death this morning brought his coworkers to tears. Our deepest condolences go to his wife, children and family. He will be dearly missed," Clerk David Orr wrote in a statement.
Anyone with information is asked to call Chicago police.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 22 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child 40 min ago
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: 'Ashamed' Ferry Captain Among 1st to... 15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos