West Rogers Park hit-and-run kills 1, hurts another
November 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for the driver in a hit-and-run accident that killed one man and injured another on the Far North Side.
The two men -- both 46 years old -- were crossing the street at Devon and Maplewood at approximately 6 p.m. when they were hit by a car. One man suffered a head injury and died at the hospital. The other man suffered a broken leg.
The deceased victim has been identified as Tsering Dorjee, an employee of the Cook County Clerk's Office.
The other victim was Dapka Jorden, Dorjee's brother-in-law. Jorden told ABC7 from his hospital bed Tuesday that Dorjee's children will be taken care of.
"The main thing is children need their fathers and mothers," Jorden said. "Not uncle, uncle is second choice."
"Tsering Dorjee was a much-loved member of my Vital Records staff since 1998. Tsering was an incredibly kind soul and dedicated public servant. News of his death this morning brought his coworkers to tears. Our deepest condolences go to his wife, children and family. He will be dearly missed," Clerk David Orr wrote in a statement.
Anyone with information is asked to call Chicago police.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 58 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
58 min ago