Icy roads to blame in crash that killed suburban man
November 13, 2012 -- Illinois State Police are blaming slippery conditions for an overnight crash that killed a suburban man.
Dhirajial Ratanpara of Hanover Park was killed after he was struck by a vehicle on the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway.
Ratanpara got out of his vehicle after a fender bender and was struck by another vehicle.
The ice caused multiple crashes, including a multi-car pile-up on the Tri-State.
State police are warning drivers involved in accidents to get to a safe location before exiting your vehicle, especially if the car is on a bridge since they ice over quicker.
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way 43 min ago
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela 21 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Man charged with pouring boiling water on teen 12 min ago
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns 49 min ago
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85 44 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
43 min ago