Icy roads to blame in crash that killed suburban man
November 13, 2012 -- Illinois State Police are blaming slippery conditions for an overnight crash that killed a suburban man.
Dhirajial Ratanpara of Hanover Park was killed after he was struck by a vehicle on the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway.
Ratanpara got out of his vehicle after a fender bender and was struck by another vehicle.
The ice caused multiple crashes, including a multi-car pile-up on the Tri-State.
State police are warning drivers involved in accidents to get to a safe location before exiting your vehicle, especially if the car is on a bridge since they ice over quicker.
- South Loop shooting injures 2 16 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy 12 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ill. House approves gun plan opposed by Quinn
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72 36 min ago
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old