Icy roads to blame in crash that killed suburban man
November 13, 2012 -- Illinois State Police are blaming slippery conditions for an overnight crash that killed a suburban man.
Dhirajial Ratanpara of Hanover Park was killed after he was struck by a vehicle on the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway.
Ratanpara got out of his vehicle after a fender bender and was struck by another vehicle.
The ice caused multiple crashes, including a multi-car pile-up on the Tri-State.
State police are warning drivers involved in accidents to get to a safe location before exiting your vehicle, especially if the car is on a bridge since they ice over quicker.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese 56 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand