Empty lot next to Obama's home on the market
November 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Want to live next door to President Barack Obama's Kenwood home?
All you need is $890,000 and to pass a Secret Service screening.
The owners of the vacant lot next to the Obama family home are looking to sell, according to Chicago-based realty firm @properties.
"It is the rarest of rare opportunities in real estate, the chance to live next door to the president of the United States," the listing agent Anthony Rouches said in a press release. "Plus, in this instance, buyers will have a blank slate to build their dream home. I suspect it is also probably the safest residential block in the free world."
The current owners bought it four years ago for more than $600,000. They never built the custom home they had plans for on the lot, according to Rouches.
The land already has a place in Chicago history. It was once owned by former Obama fundraiser Tony Rezko.
Rezko is now serving a 10 and a half year sentence after his conviction in a kick-back scheme.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 7 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 18 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 49 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 28 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 55 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
4 min ago