Suburban man finds out he won the lottery two months later
November 14, 2012 (WLS) -- It took a Glen Ellyn man two months to realize the Powerball ticket sitting on his desk was worth one million dollars.
Ron Yurcus and his wife Kathleen picked up their check Wednesday.
The retired hospice chaplain didn't know he'd won until he checked the numbers on about a dozen tickets that had accumulated, he said.
He bought the ticket at a B.P. on Roosevelt Road in Glen Ellyn.
Yurcus said he'll invest some of the money, share some with his family and make some donations.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 10 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages 50 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos