Tracy Butler honored by MS Society
November 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Multiple Sclerosis Society honored ABC7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler with its Public Education Award on Thursday.
The president of the organization stopped by the ABC7 studio to present the award.
Organizers say they chose to honor Butler because of her activism in raising awareness about the disease.
MS is close to Butler's heart. Her mother was diagnosed with it more than 12 years ago.
The MS Society helps people address the challenges of living with MS through a 50-state network of chapters.
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2, injures 23 8 min ago
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping