First degree murder charge filed in shooting death of 16-year-old girl, Taylor Fitting | No bond for suspect
November 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An 18-year-old man will stay behind bars after being charged in the shooting death of a 16-year-old girl.
A judge denied bond Friday for Deon Blandon.
Blandon is accused of fatally shooting Taylor Fitting earlier this week as she rode in a car on Chicago's Far South Side.
Blandon is charged with first-degree murder.
Fitting was shot in the head near 112th and Normal in the Roseland neighborhood Monday night.
Fitting was a student at Morgan Park High School.
local, jessica d'onofrio
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 46 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer 54 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 31 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
31 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations continue
58 min ago
- Grab a pint or legendary pizza in Beverly
53 min ago