Driver slams in woman, squad car on Interstate 55
November 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois State Police say they are trying to figure out why a car hit a woman and a squad car on Interstate 55.
Police say a trooper was investigating a crash on in the southbound lanes near the Woodward Avenue overpass when another driver lost control. That driver hit a woman from the earlier accident who was walking towards the squad car and then crashed into the squad car.
The state trooper was not seriously injured.
The pedestrian was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 5 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 15 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos