Driver slams in woman, squad car on Interstate 55
November 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois State Police say they are trying to figure out why a car hit a woman and a squad car on Interstate 55.
Police say a trooper was investigating a crash on in the southbound lanes near the Woodward Avenue overpass when another driver lost control. That driver hit a woman from the earlier accident who was walking towards the squad car and then crashed into the squad car.
The state trooper was not seriously injured.
The pedestrian was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos