Dan Ryan crash kills at least 1, injures 4 others
November 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least one person was killed and four others were injured in a rollover crash on the Dan Ryan Expressway Sunday.
The crash happened at approximately 4:20 a.m. in the northbound lanes near 26th Street.
Illinois State Police confirm two vehicles were involved, and both were overturned. Emergency crews had to extricate the victims.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene. He has been identified as Dennis Moore, 32, of south suburban Steger, Ill.
The other four victims were transported to Chicago-area hospitals and were listed in critical condition.
Emergency crews remained on the scene for hours. They shut down the northbound express lanes from 31st Street to the Stevenson Expressway entrance ramp. Those lanes were closed until 11 a.m. Local lanes remained open the whole time.
local, diane pathieu
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos