Dan Ryan crash kills at least 1, injures 4 others
November 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least one person was killed and four others were injured in a rollover crash on the Dan Ryan Expressway Sunday.
The crash happened at approximately 4:20 a.m. in the northbound lanes near 26th Street.
Illinois State Police confirm two vehicles were involved, and both were overturned. Emergency crews had to extricate the victims.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene. He has been identified as Dennis Moore, 32, of south suburban Steger, Ill.
The other four victims were transported to Chicago-area hospitals and were listed in critical condition.
Emergency crews remained on the scene for hours. They shut down the northbound express lanes from 31st Street to the Stevenson Expressway entrance ramp. Those lanes were closed until 11 a.m. Local lanes remained open the whole time.
local, diane pathieu
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area