Report: 13 Berrios family members in government jobs
November 18, 2012 (WLS) -- A published report says 13 members of Cook County Assessor Joe Berrios' family work for the county or other government agencies.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports the number was 15 but two retired.
Berrios has been in trouble for hiring family. An ethics board called on him to fire family on his staff and fined him for violating an anti-nepotism ban.
Berrios says family working for the government isn't new and he's being picked on.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 2 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- SB Lake Shore Drive reopens after standoff
4 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in...
29 min ago
- LSD standoff suspect wanted in wife's murder
43 min ago