Report: 13 Berrios family members in government jobs
November 18, 2012 (WLS) -- A published report says 13 members of Cook County Assessor Joe Berrios' family work for the county or other government agencies.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports the number was 15 but two retired.
Berrios has been in trouble for hiring family. An ethics board called on him to fire family on his staff and fined him for violating an anti-nepotism ban.
Berrios says family working for the government isn't new and he's being picked on.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US 8 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos