Report: 13 Berrios family members in government jobs
November 18, 2012 (WLS) -- A published report says 13 members of Cook County Assessor Joe Berrios' family work for the county or other government agencies.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports the number was 15 but two retired.
Berrios has been in trouble for hiring family. An ethics board called on him to fire family on his staff and fined him for violating an anti-nepotism ban.
Berrios says family working for the government isn't new and he's being picked on.
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case 48 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits 51 min ago
- Some construction suspended over holiday weekend 29 min ago
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea 44 min ago
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- 7 in :77