Report: 13 Berrios family members in government jobs
November 18, 2012 (WLS) -- A published report says 13 members of Cook County Assessor Joe Berrios' family work for the county or other government agencies.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports the number was 15 but two retired.
Berrios has been in trouble for hiring family. An ethics board called on him to fire family on his staff and fined him for violating an anti-nepotism ban.
Berrios says family working for the government isn't new and he's being picked on.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds