Activists team up for turkey giveaway
November 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Community activists are making sure some struggling families enjoy their Thanksgiving by handing out hundreds of free turkeys.
Bishop Larry Trotter from Sweet Holy Spirit Church and activist Antonio Rias teamed up for this giveaway.
They were in south suburban Burnham Sunday afternoon passing out turkeys.
Rias said he solicited some generous individuals to donate money for the turkeys and Wal-Mart sold them at a discount.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 33 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77