Activists team up for turkey giveaway
November 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Community activists are making sure some struggling families enjoy their Thanksgiving by handing out hundreds of free turkeys.
Bishop Larry Trotter from Sweet Holy Spirit Church and activist Antonio Rias teamed up for this giveaway.
They were in south suburban Burnham Sunday afternoon passing out turkeys.
Rias said he solicited some generous individuals to donate money for the turkeys and Wal-Mart sold them at a discount.
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1 40 min ago
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- Pit bull attacks 9-year-old boy on South Side
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- United Dreamliner 787 lands at O'Hare
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos