Activists team up for turkey giveaway
November 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Community activists are making sure some struggling families enjoy their Thanksgiving by handing out hundreds of free turkeys.
Bishop Larry Trotter from Sweet Holy Spirit Church and activist Antonio Rias teamed up for this giveaway.
They were in south suburban Burnham Sunday afternoon passing out turkeys.
Rias said he solicited some generous individuals to donate money for the turkeys and Wal-Mart sold them at a discount.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913