CPD displays stolen West Town items
November 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police hope to reunite owners with their stolen property after hundreds of items were recovered during a weekend arrest.
Police say they found more than $100,000 worth of stolen property at the home of Daniel Ramirez, 22. Ramirez was arrested during a parole check on Saturday. That's when police say they found iPads, laptops, bicycles, jewelry and other items they believe were stolen during burglaries around the 2100-block of West Huron.
"We can credit some of the information we received from citizens that helped us target this particular area," Captain Kevin Anderson said.
Those stolen items are now on display at the 13th District Police Station, located at 937 N Wood Street, between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday, November 19 and 20.
"We do have officers signing people in, escorting them through the property room," Lt. Roy Whitmore, Chicago Police Department, said.
Police say people need to have a receipt or proof of ownership to claim any of the items.
Ramirez's roommate, Adam Salas, 41, was also arrested and charged with drug possession.
local, evelyn holmes
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 22 min ago
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos