Missing Crete woman, Marija Niksich, 75, has dementia, police say
November 19, 2012 (WLS) -- The Will County Sheriff's Department is asking the public for help in finding Marija Niksich, 75, or Crete.
She was last seen at her Crete home early on the morning of November 8. Officials say she was wearing a hot pink windbreaker, blue jeans and gray and pink sneakers, along with a knit hat.
She also goes by Maria Dosen-Niksich, police said.
Niksich is known to walk the Sauk Trail and Torrence Avenue in Sauk Village, areas that have been searched using helicopters, dogs and dive teams. She may also be in the area of 96th Street and Commercial in Chicago, as she has ties to the Sacred Heart Catholic Church and Croatian community. She may have been spotted at a McDonald's in the area on November 15.
She has dementia, officials said, and are urging people to call the Will County Sheriff's Office with any information at 815-727-8574.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced 22 min ago
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Five arrested after 'mob' reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Injuries in suburban shootings Friday night
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin