Missing Crete woman, Marija Niksich, 75, has dementia, police say
November 19, 2012 (WLS) -- The Will County Sheriff's Department is asking the public for help in finding Marija Niksich, 75, or Crete.
She was last seen at her Crete home early on the morning of November 8. Officials say she was wearing a hot pink windbreaker, blue jeans and gray and pink sneakers, along with a knit hat.
She also goes by Maria Dosen-Niksich, police said.
Niksich is known to walk the Sauk Trail and Torrence Avenue in Sauk Village, areas that have been searched using helicopters, dogs and dive teams. She may also be in the area of 96th Street and Commercial in Chicago, as she has ties to the Sacred Heart Catholic Church and Croatian community. She may have been spotted at a McDonald's in the area on November 15.
She has dementia, officials said, and are urging people to call the Will County Sheriff's Office with any information at 815-727-8574.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 15 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 16 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
9 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
15 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
16 min ago