Car crashes into Famous Dave's restaurant in Evergreen Park
November 19, 2012 (EVERGREEN PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- No one was seriously injured when a car plowed into a Famous Dave's on the Evergreen Park restaurant's opening day.
Officials say about 100 people were inside the restaurant when the car slammed into the front window of the restaurant, located in the 2800-block of West 95th Street in the south suburb, on Monday afternoon.
Most of those people were in back, waiting for their orders. No one was struck by the vehicle, but falling glass did cause some minor injuries.
"We were incredibly fortunate," Aric Nissen, Famous Dave's marketing vice president, said. "We had a bunch of customers to the left, and a bunch of customers waiting in line. We are just so incredibly thankful."
Officials believe the driver of the car mistakenly hit the gas as she pulled into a parking spot. The crash left skid marks on the restaurant floor, and sent glass flying.
The driver was shaken up, and she was taken to the hospital. She is also expected to be OK.
Some of the chain's executives were in town for the opening day event. They hope to have another grand opening on Tuesday.
local, paul meincke
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD