Crest Hill woman murdered before fire broke out, police say
November 19, 2012 (CREST HILL, Ill.) (WLS) -- Crest Hill police say a woman found dead inside a burning home Sunday was murdered before the fire broke out.
The body of 89-year-old Dorothy Dumyahn was in the 2300-block of Caton Farm Road Sunday Morning.
An autopsy performed Monday found she was murdered.
Investigators say they do not believe this was a random attack, and the public is not at risk.
No suspects are in custody.
Dumyahn had lived in the house alone since her husband died eight years ago.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 49 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice 35 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 7 min ago
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton 36 min ago
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- 7 in 77