Ex-Dixon comptroller's cars, boats for sale in online auction: US Marshals
November 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Six cars and boats belonging to former Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell are for sale now in an online auction that ends December 6, according to the U.S. Marshals.
Crundwell pleaded guilty to charges of stealing $53 million from the town's coffers last week. She remains free on bond. Crundwell initially pleaded not guilty a couple weeks ago but last week changed her plea and accepted responsibility for the largest ever embezzlement of public funds.
Another boat will be added to auction soon, authorities say. They will provide more information on the sale of Crundwell's personal items from her Illinois and Florida homes next week.
Click here for information on Crundwell's Wisconsin assets
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- 7 in :77