Ex-Dixon comptroller's cars, boats for sale in online auction: US Marshals
November 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Six cars and boats belonging to former Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell are for sale now in an online auction that ends December 6, according to the U.S. Marshals.
Crundwell pleaded guilty to charges of stealing $53 million from the town's coffers last week. She remains free on bond. Crundwell initially pleaded not guilty a couple weeks ago but last week changed her plea and accepted responsibility for the largest ever embezzlement of public funds.
Another boat will be added to auction soon, authorities say. They will provide more information on the sale of Crundwell's personal items from her Illinois and Florida homes next week.
Click here for information on Crundwell's Wisconsin assets
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 30 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing 12 min ago
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 17 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55 9 min ago
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand