Ex-Dixon comptroller's cars, boats for sale in online auction: US Marshals
November 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Six cars and boats belonging to former Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell are for sale now in an online auction that ends December 6, according to the U.S. Marshals.
Crundwell pleaded guilty to charges of stealing $53 million from the town's coffers last week. She remains free on bond. Crundwell initially pleaded not guilty a couple weeks ago but last week changed her plea and accepted responsibility for the largest ever embezzlement of public funds.
Another boat will be added to auction soon, authorities say. They will provide more information on the sale of Crundwell's personal items from her Illinois and Florida homes next week.
Click here for information on Crundwell's Wisconsin assets
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 8 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- 7 in 77