No bond for suspect in Skokie man's Darien murder
November 20, 2012 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Bond has been denied for a 34-year-old Darien man in the killing of a 31-year-old Skokie man.
Joseph Spitalli, 34, will be held without bond for the murder of Teymur Huseynli and the kidnapping of his ex-girlfriend, Kristina Baltrimaviciene, 28, of Darien.
Police say on Saturday, just after midnight, Darien police responded to a battery call on Wildwood Court. Huseynli was pronounced dead on the lawn, the victim of an apparent knife wound.
Police say sometime before midnight, Baltrimaviciene and her boyfriend Huseynli, left Baltrimaviciene's apartment on Wildwood Court to walk a dog. Police say Spitalli confronted the couple while on their walk and an argument between Huseynli and Spitalli ensued.
Police say Spitalli grabbed Huseynli from behind and slit his throat, then forced Baltrimaviciene into his car at knifepoint and drove to his home, then they went to Spitalli's parents' home where the police were called.
Spitalli was charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of aggravated kidnapping.
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case 48 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits 51 min ago
- Some construction suspended over holiday weekend 29 min ago
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea 44 min ago
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- 7 in :77