No bond for suspect in Skokie man's Darien murder
November 20, 2012 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Bond has been denied for a 34-year-old Darien man in the killing of a 31-year-old Skokie man.
Joseph Spitalli, 34, will be held without bond for the murder of Teymur Huseynli and the kidnapping of his ex-girlfriend, Kristina Baltrimaviciene, 28, of Darien.
Police say on Saturday, just after midnight, Darien police responded to a battery call on Wildwood Court. Huseynli was pronounced dead on the lawn, the victim of an apparent knife wound.
Police say sometime before midnight, Baltrimaviciene and her boyfriend Huseynli, left Baltrimaviciene's apartment on Wildwood Court to walk a dog. Police say Spitalli confronted the couple while on their walk and an argument between Huseynli and Spitalli ensued.
Police say Spitalli grabbed Huseynli from behind and slit his throat, then forced Baltrimaviciene into his car at knifepoint and drove to his home, then they went to Spitalli's parents' home where the police were called.
Spitalli was charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of aggravated kidnapping.
- 2 storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana 23 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore 25 min ago
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened 32 min ago
- Man believed to be Gacy victim found living in Montana
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 24 min ago
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse 45 min ago
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan 44 min ago
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison 51 min ago
- Fans, former colleagues remember 'Superjock' Larry Lujack 34 min ago
- Toys for Tots gifts needed
15 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
24 min ago