Baby girl Ghorgeous born to woman with Election Day labor pains
November 21, 2012 (VALPARAISO, Ind.) (WLS) -- Labor pains did not stop Galicia Malone from voting November 6 in Dolton, and two weeks later, she had her baby girl.
Baby Ghorgeous Brown was born at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday weighing 6 lbs., 8 oz.
The south suburban mom was determined to vote in her first presidential election at the aptly named New Life Church in Dolton on Election Day.
Poll workers at Precinct 75 were stunned when a very pregnant Malone, 21, walked in.
"And she asked for a chair, she said, because she was in labor. So I said, 'Oh my God,'" said election judge Frankie Shine.
Malone was at Valparaiso Hospital Wednesday but expected to be released that night and head home with her mom to Richton Park.
- Spring-like temperatures to give way to snow 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 43 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 29 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 48 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos