Neighbor charged in murder of Crest Hill woman
November 23, 2012 (CREST HILL, Ill.) (WLS) -- Crest Hill police have charged a neighbor in the murder of Dorothy Dumyahn, 89.
Investigators found Dumyahn's body inside her burning home in the 2300-block of Caton Farm Road Sunday morning.
An autopsy performed Monday found she was murdered. Investigators determined that the house had been set on fire to cover up the crime.
Her neighbor, Bruce Gimpel, 48, is charged with first degree murder. There is no information on a possible motive.
Dumyahn lived in the house alone since her husband died eight years ago.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area