Neighbor charged in murder of Crest Hill woman
November 23, 2012 (CREST HILL, Ill.) (WLS) -- Crest Hill police have charged a neighbor in the murder of Dorothy Dumyahn, 89.
Investigators found Dumyahn's body inside her burning home in the 2300-block of Caton Farm Road Sunday morning.
An autopsy performed Monday found she was murdered. Investigators determined that the house had been set on fire to cover up the crime.
Her neighbor, Bruce Gimpel, 48, is charged with first degree murder. There is no information on a possible motive.
Dumyahn lived in the house alone since her husband died eight years ago.
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Last-minute fortune seekers buy Powerball tickets
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Five arrested after 'mob' reports near Michigan Avenue 18 min ago
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured 51 min ago
- Injuries in suburban shootings Friday night 29 min ago
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin