Neighbor charged in murder of Crest Hill woman
November 23, 2012 (CREST HILL, Ill.) (WLS) -- Crest Hill police have charged a neighbor in the murder of Dorothy Dumyahn, 89.
Investigators found Dumyahn's body inside her burning home in the 2300-block of Caton Farm Road Sunday morning.
An autopsy performed Monday found she was murdered. Investigators determined that the house had been set on fire to cover up the crime.
Her neighbor, Bruce Gimpel, 48, is charged with first degree murder. There is no information on a possible motive.
Dumyahn lived in the house alone since her husband died eight years ago.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day...
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam 38 min ago
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case 30 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD