Man held on assault charges in robbery
November 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is being held on $500,000 bond on charges of assaulting and robbing a woman in River North Friday morning.
Police say Richard Mendoza kicked a woman to the ground and stole her purse on Erie between State and Michigan Friday at around 8:30 a.m.
He was caught after being chased down by good Samaritans.
Mendoza has 14 prior arrests and four convictions.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains