Maine West coach in hazing suit faced '08 accusation
November 26, 2012 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) (WLS) -- A northwest suburban soccer coach accused of sanctioning a hazing assault on a teenager was accused in a similar incident four years ago.
Michael Divincenzo is named in a lawsuit filed by the mother of the alleged victim. She claims her son was sexually assaulted by members of the Maine West High School boys soccer team in Des Plaines.
The school district now admits they knew of a hazing incident in 2008 involving the freshman baseball team that Divincenzo coached.
All of the people involved that incident were disciplined. Divincenzo has been reassigned with pay from his duties as soccer coach.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos