Western Springs water boil order in effect
November 27, 2012 (WESTERN SPRINGS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Western Springs officials are urging residents to boil water after a water main break was discovered in Spring Rock Park Tuesday morning.
The precautionary measure issued by the village is in effect until further notice. The village is testing the water for bacteria. Residents can bathe, use washing machines and use a dishwasher if set to a "high temperature" or "sanitize."
Additional information will be posted on the Village website, www.wsprings.com. Residents who have questions can call the Police Non-Emergency: 708-246-8540; Water Department: 708-246-1800 x 215; and Public Works Department: 708-246-1800 x 200.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement 24 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday 46 min ago
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS 35 min ago
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos