Western Springs water boil order in effect
November 27, 2012 (WESTERN SPRINGS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Western Springs officials are urging residents to boil water after a water main break was discovered in Spring Rock Park Tuesday morning.
The precautionary measure issued by the village is in effect until further notice. The village is testing the water for bacteria. Residents can bathe, use washing machines and use a dishwasher if set to a "high temperature" or "sanitize."
Additional information will be posted on the Village website, www.wsprings.com. Residents who have questions can call the Police Non-Emergency: 708-246-8540; Water Department: 708-246-1800 x 215; and Public Works Department: 708-246-1800 x 200.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains