Schaumburg residents warned about series of burglaries
November 28, 2012 ( SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Residents in the northwest suburbs are being alerted about a series of recent burglaries.
The crimes have taken place in Schaumburg -- within three blocks -- on either side of Weathersfield Way between Walnut Lane and Roselle Road. There have been three residential burglaries and two attempted residential burglaries in the area.
Police say suspects took an undisclosed amount of jewelry and cash.
It appears most of the burglaries happened Thanksgiving day, but one was reported this past Monday.
In four cases entry was made or attempted by kicking in a door. The other home was entered through an unlocked window.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 36 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Investigation continues after boy, 12, dies in Whiting... 1 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 35 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 31 min ago
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 31 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship 43 min ago
- Fans gear up for Bulls, Blackhawks playoffs
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos