Schaumburg residents warned about series of burglaries
November 28, 2012 ( SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Residents in the northwest suburbs are being alerted about a series of recent burglaries.
The crimes have taken place in Schaumburg -- within three blocks -- on either side of Weathersfield Way between Walnut Lane and Roselle Road. There have been three residential burglaries and two attempted residential burglaries in the area.
Police say suspects took an undisclosed amount of jewelry and cash.
It appears most of the burglaries happened Thanksgiving day, but one was reported this past Monday.
In four cases entry was made or attempted by kicking in a door. The other home was entered through an unlocked window.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 45 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 33 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds