Schaumburg residents warned about series of burglaries
November 28, 2012 ( SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Residents in the northwest suburbs are being alerted about a series of recent burglaries.
The crimes have taken place in Schaumburg -- within three blocks -- on either side of Weathersfield Way between Walnut Lane and Roselle Road. There have been three residential burglaries and two attempted residential burglaries in the area.
Police say suspects took an undisclosed amount of jewelry and cash.
It appears most of the burglaries happened Thanksgiving day, but one was reported this past Monday.
In four cases entry was made or attempted by kicking in a door. The other home was entered through an unlocked window.
local, theresa gutierrez
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 39 min ago
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 23 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 12 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 4 min ago
- 7 in :77