Ald. Anthony Beale wants Jesse Jackson Jr's seat
November 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- South Side Alderman Anthony Beale joined the race to replace Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior, who resigned last week.
Beale was elected to Chicago City Council 13 years ago with Jackson's help. He is chairman of the transportation committee.
The number of candidates in the running for Jackson's seat is growing. Democrats plan to hold a meeting on December 15th to interview candidates so the group can decide whom to back.
- 2 shot, alleged hostage freed in Arlington Heights 6 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party