Ald. Anthony Beale wants Jesse Jackson Jr's seat
November 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- South Side Alderman Anthony Beale joined the race to replace Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior, who resigned last week.
Beale was elected to Chicago City Council 13 years ago with Jackson's help. He is chairman of the transportation committee.
The number of candidates in the running for Jackson's seat is growing. Democrats plan to hold a meeting on December 15th to interview candidates so the group can decide whom to back.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 10 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 47 min ago
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 32 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 9 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 16 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 8 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
10 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
8 min ago
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos