Ald. Anthony Beale wants Jesse Jackson Jr's seat
November 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- South Side Alderman Anthony Beale joined the race to replace Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior, who resigned last week.
Beale was elected to Chicago City Council 13 years ago with Jackson's help. He is chairman of the transportation committee.
The number of candidates in the running for Jackson's seat is growing. Democrats plan to hold a meeting on December 15th to interview candidates so the group can decide whom to back.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series 40 min ago
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit