Grandmother forced kids to eat cat food, children tell Chicago police
November 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago grandmother is behind bars after being accused of physically abusing her two young grandchildren.
The 47-year old-woman is accused of beating, burning and biting the children.
Goldine Williams is in Chicago police custody on a $200,000 bond. Along with the beating, Chicago police are confirming that the children told them that they were forced to eat cat food.
Williams is accused of beating her 6-year-old grandson and 5-year-old granddaughter. She was in court Thursday facing two counts of aggravated battery on a child.
Chicago police confirm that the alleged abuse happened in October in the 1400-block of East 68th Street.
Williams, police confirm, beat her grandson with a plastic sword cover and extension cord. They say she also burned her grandson and granddaughter with a hair iron.
Residents in the South Side neighborhood say Williams use to live on 68th Street but moved away a few months ago. They say she was quiet and didn't really talk to anyone else in the area.
Police say Williams now lives in a South Shore apartment building in the 7500-hundred block of South Kingston. Residents who answered the buzzer confirm that but declined to answer any questions about the grandmother.
According to the Department of Children and Family Services, back in 2008, the children's biological mother was investigated after allegations of neglect with the same two children. Goldine Williams was granted custody. Now the two children are with different relatives once again.
local, stacey baca
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25...
23 min ago