Homeless man charged in East Chicago South Shore train station stabbing
November 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A homeless man has been charged in a violent stabbing at the East Chicago South Shore train station.
Prosecutors say Jawaun Dontell Woods of Gary is still at large and is considered armed and dangerous.
Authorities say Woods followed the victim into a restroom and slashed his throat with a knife.
He took the victim's keys and wallet and fled in the victim's car.
He went to a Wal-Mart and bought three Lady Gaga CDs with the victim's credit card.
Store surveillance video helped identify Woods as the suspect.
The victim survived with cuts to his neck and hands.
Woods is charged with attempted murder, robbery and carjacking.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Video: Lyons Township celebrates another gymnastics title
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds