Homeless man charged in East Chicago South Shore train station stabbing
November 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A homeless man has been charged in a violent stabbing at the East Chicago South Shore train station.
Prosecutors say Jawaun Dontell Woods of Gary is still at large and is considered armed and dangerous.
Authorities say Woods followed the victim into a restroom and slashed his throat with a knife.
He took the victim's keys and wallet and fled in the victim's car.
He went to a Wal-Mart and bought three Lady Gaga CDs with the victim's credit card.
Store surveillance video helped identify Woods as the suspect.
The victim survived with cuts to his neck and hands.
Woods is charged with attempted murder, robbery and carjacking.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 13 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
7 min ago