Police, FBI catch bank robber on their bikes
November 30, 2012 (CHICAG0) (WLS) -- Chicago Police and the FBI are celebrating a job well done after catching a bank robber downtown on their bikes.
The FBI requested the bike police's assistance after a successful bank robbery capture two years ago.
Officers caught the man after he was identified by a teller in a bank that he had already robbed downtown.
They say that they're able to chase down suspects in downtown congestion better than anybody else.
Officials haven't released much additional information, saying that it's an ongoing investigation.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
50 min ago