Spa hostage suspect charged
December 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police say Byron K. Moore, 49, of the 16200-block of S. Laflin St. in Markham, Ill., faces multiple charges in connection with a hostage situation at a spa near 31st and Archer in Chicago.
The incident, which took place Friday evening, ended with a shirtless Moore surrendering to authorities.
Police say Moore entered the business on Archer Avenue and attempted to rob three female victims. Moore then held a 40-year-old woman in a back room against her will and sexually abused her.
Police immediately swarmed the area and the situation ended without incident.
Moore is scheduled to appear in court on December 3rd.
Authorities say he is charged with:
Three counts of attempted robbery
Three class four felony counts of unlawful restraint
One class four felony count of criminal sexual abuse/force
One count of attempted criminal sexual assault/force
One class x felony count of aggravated kidnapping/inflicting harm
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- London theater balcony believed to have collapsed 4 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 22 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus