Marine from Chicago Heights dies at NC base
December 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A U.S. Marine from Illinois died at a North Carolina base while exercising.
According to the Jacksonville Daily News, Master Gunnery Sgt. James J. Petrongelli, 46, of south suburban Chicago Heights collapsed as he finished physical training Thursday.
The Bloom High School graduated married his high school sweetheart and had five children who are between the ages of 10 and 24.
Petrongelli's nearly 30-year career with Marine Corps included several overseas deployments, most recently to Iraq.
His cause of death is still under investigation.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap