Marine from Chicago Heights dies at NC base
December 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A U.S. Marine from Illinois died at a North Carolina base while exercising.
According to the Jacksonville Daily News, Master Gunnery Sgt. James J. Petrongelli, 46, of south suburban Chicago Heights collapsed as he finished physical training Thursday.
The Bloom High School graduated married his high school sweetheart and had five children who are between the ages of 10 and 24.
Petrongelli's nearly 30-year career with Marine Corps included several overseas deployments, most recently to Iraq.
His cause of death is still under investigation.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- NIU hazing death case in court 57 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 51 min ago
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos